Most Dangerous Intersections: Flint Michigan, Genesee County
The Michigan State Police’s Office of Highway Safety Planning released traffic crash reports for 2011 identifying the most dangerous intersections in Flint, Michigan and Genesee County.
Most Dangerous Intersections
# of Crashes in 2011
|Linden and Corunna||41|
|Van Slyke and W. Bristol||28|
|Miller Rd. and Ballenger Hwy.||22|
|Fenton Rd. and W. Atherton||20|
|Hill Rd. and Fenton Rd.||17|
|Silver Parkway and Owen Rd.||17|
|Court St. and S. Dort Hwy.||16|
|S. Dort Hwy. and Lapeer||16|
|Corunna Rd. and Ballenger||15|
|Linden Rd. and Bristol||15|
|E. Fifth and N. Saginaw St.||13|
|Linden Rd. and Miller Rd.||13|
|E. Court St. and Center Rd.||12|
According to the Michigan Department of Community Health, motor vehicle accidents are the leading cause of accidental death among those aged 1-24. Of the 473, 501 crashes reported in 2011, 834 crashes resulted in 889 deaths. Drivers of these vehicles comprise nearly one-half of the fatalities, while passengers comprise 18% and pedestrians 16%.
Of the 592 drivers and passengers killed, 34% were not wearing seat belts and nearly 55% were wearing their seat belt.
Other 2011 statistics include:
- More male drivers were involved in accidents than female drivers.
- Excessive speed was reported by police in nearly 15% of drivers involved in fatal crashes.
- 23% of fatal crashes occurred at intersections.
- Most fatal crashes occurred on dry roadways, but most all crashes occurred in daylight hours.
- The majority of fatal accidents occurred between 6 p. m. and 9 p.m.
- 20% of fatal crashes occurred on Saturday, more than any other day.
Remember to wear your seat belt. It can save your life!
If you or a loved one have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, call the attorneys at the Law Offices of Henry Hanflik at 810-720-4000 or 888-905-4632. Our attorneys obtain superior results for victims of car, truck and motorcycle accidents. We are determined to achieve the maximum degree of justice for our clients.