According to the Boston Herald (4/16), “The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission on Tuesday said that when the Mega Brands Inc. unit, Rose Art, first reported” a toddler’s death in 2005, the company blamed his siblings for playing too aggressively with the toys. However, many consumers had complained to the company that magnets came loose from nearly 70 different models of Magnetix. The CPSC said that Mega Brands knew of at least one injury when it purchased Rose Art. In a settlement reached with the CPSC, Mega Brands has agreed to pay a penalty, but has said it did not know about the problems with Magnetix when it bought Rose Art. Mega Brands blamed the prior owners for not disclosing these flaws and is embroiled in litigation with them in New York federal court.