The Michigan State Police’s Office of Highway Safety Planning released traffic crash reports for 2011 identifying the most dangerous intersections in Flint, Michigan and Genesee County.
Most Dangerous Intersections
|Intersection||# of Crashes in 2011|
|Linden and Corunna||41|
|Van Slyke and W. Bristol||28|
|Miller Rd. and Ballenger Hwy.||22|
|Fenton Rd. and W. Atherton||20|
|Hill Rd. and Fenton Rd.||17|
|Silver Parkway and Owen Rd.||17|
|Court St. and S. Dort Hwy.||16|
|S. Dort Hwy. and Lapeer||16|
|Corunna Rd. and Ballenger||15|
|Linden Rd. and Bristol||15|
|E. Fifth and N. Saginaw St.||13|
|Linden Rd. and Miller Rd.||13|
|E. Court St. and Center Rd.||12|
According to the Michigan Department of Community Health, motor vehicle accidents are the leading cause of accidental death among those aged 1-24. Of the 473, 501 crashes reported in 2011, 834 crashes resulted in 889 deaths. Drivers of these vehicles comprise nearly one-half of the fatalities, while passengers comprise 18% and pedestrians 16%.
Of the 592 drivers and passengers killed, 34% were not wearing seat belts and nearly 55% were wearing their seat belt.
Other 2011 statistics include:
- More male drivers were involved in accidents than female drivers.
- Excessive speed was reported by police in nearly 15% of drivers involved in fatal crashes.
- 23% of fatal crashes occurred at intersections.
- Most fatal crashes occurred on dry roadways, but most all crashes occurred in daylight hours.
- The majority of fatal accidents occurred between 6 p. m. and 9 p.m.
- 20% of fatal crashes occurred on Saturday, more than any other day.
Remember to wear your seat belt. It can save your life!
If you or a loved one have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, call the attorneys at the Law Offices of Henry Hanflik at 810-720-4000 or 888-905-4632. Our attorneys obtain superior results for victims of car, truck and motorcycle accidents. We are determined to achieve the maximum degree of justice for our clients.